I cut up some wire mesh and super glued it on the holes... hope it stays on there!
I put some leaves in (need to collect some kitchen scraps)...
I bungee'd the top on...
- Stretch cord carefully, uncontrolled release can cause severe injury to unprotected body parts, particularly eyes.
- Keep face out of the direct path of a bungee cord in case it suddenly snaps back.
- Do not stretch cord more than 50% of its original length (Example: 24 in. cord stretch 36 in. to maximum).
- Overstretching cord can cause hook failure, resulting in sudden uncontrolled release.
- Wear safety glasses when attaching and releasing.
- Secure hooks carefully. Do not attach hook by its tip.
Who knows what could've happened had I not been warned and put on the appropriate eye wear!!!
I secured the lid and rolled.
Time spent: about an hour
Money spent: about $15
I'll follow up later and let you know if it was all worth it...
Any thoughts, pros, cons?