Friday, April 16, 2010

Today sucked.
Woke up at 3 in the morning with a very upset stomach- I got a couple hours of sleep but still felt bad in the morning so called in sick. Sammy was still bleeding this morning, so I took her in to see Dr. Poland... Long story short, our options were either to put this 11 year old dog through surgery or to say goodbye :-(
She was such a sweet dog... She was Bill's from the time she was a puppy and always there for a cuddle and loved hugs. She was great with kids and very patient with the other dogs- she loved wrestling with Palmer, but above all adored Bill. She was his girl and she knew it. She'll be missed like crazy. If you see me in the next few days, please don't ask me if I'm okay or give me a sympathetic look- I'll probably cry- you've been warned!

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

SO SO sorry to hear about Sammy Rachel. I know it is SO hard to say goodbye. Knowing in your heart that you did the right thing still does not make it any easier. BIG HUGS!!