Thursday, July 15, 2010

Ahhh, summer... I've been having so much fun spending time with friends and family, teaching a little here and there, lounging at the pool/beach, fishing, tubing... I can't believe it's mid July already!!!!
If you haven't heard yet, I took the Title 1 job that'll be Lincoln/South Lawn. If I wanted to stay with the tech job, I would've had to take some classes, which I wasn't thrilled about (obviously). I started out with Title 1 at Washington and loved it, so I'm excited to go back!
I need to find some time to go back and move my stuff... It won't happen in the next few weeks- I'm in 2 weddings (one in Vegas), have a high school reunion and a slew of appointments so if I'm MIA for a little while, that's why!
I'm still jogging as much as possible- I have a very important 5k in August. It's called the Jack Rabbit Run and it benefits Spinal muscular atrophy (SMA). My brother in law and I have been talking trash about who's going to run it faster... his team has already killed my team (donation wise) so we'll see. He's a US Marshall and I wasn't built for running... so all I can do is my best :-) Anyway, all proceeds go to SMA families and research, so if you'd like to donate to this cause, here's the link:
http://www.fsma.org/LWC/RachelBentz

1 comment:

Doug, Christy, Ella and Lucy said...

Waaaaaaaaaaaaay Excited to see you at Lincoln for Title! horray! :)