Wednesday, December 01, 2010

I decided I needed to learn how to crochet, so I watched a few youtube tutorials and jumped to it... This was my first project:
He's not perfect, however, he taught me all sorts of good stuff. First of all, my ADD may be too strong to crochet something that's turns out the way it's supposed to- my ability to count and keep track of where I am in a pattern/row/increasing/decreasing isn't quite what it should be. The tentacles aren't exactly the same size as a result, this octopus isn't an octopus; it's a septapus. I could only fit 7/8 tentacles on... I was also trying to make him smirk, which didn't work out too well- that's his third mouth. I was also unsure of how to attach the tentacles. The directions said "attach tentacles". I think for my first project, he's not too bad.

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

He is SO cute!!