Friday, June 26, 2009

Last night, Sharon and her family got here just as the storm was beginning. It was crazy- hail, wind, rain coming down in buckets... We got everyone in safely, S&K left and I got the kids in bed. Bill had a crazy long day and said he'd be home around 9. I had been calling him to make sure everything was alright and his phone kept going straight to voicemail. 9:30 rolled by and I hadn't heard from him. I waited til 10 and called the pro shop- no answer. So I do what's natural- panic. I called my mom (crying)to have her look up some numbers, then I called his parents (sobbing by this time) who were in bed. They jumped in their car and went to trace where they thought he would have driven. I called Rattlesnake back and tried a few different extensions and finally got the grill room and asked if Bill was there. He was- he picked up the phone and I blurted out,"Where the *&^% have you been?!?!?" (which, in retrospect, was kinda a stupid question). Long story short, he got home around 11, called the inlaws and apologized, and went to bed. The limb in the second picture hit my car and dented the back end a bit- could've been much worse. And to top everything off, we had a house showing today at 2:30, so I spent the kids rest time hauling limbs and trying to make the outside presentable. I'm going to take a nap now! :-)














1 comment:

The Gombas Clan said...

That was pretty scary! Thanks for taking such good care of the kiddos! You are the best!