Thursday, October 01, 2009

It's that time of year!
All I want to cook lately is soup! I made veggie soup last week and potato soup tonight... so delicious!!! A couple people asked for my recipe and I truly take after my mom in that I don't follow recipes very well. I usually don't measure and I add whatever I think sounds good so here's basically what I do:
I saute chopped onions and celery.
Add chicken broth and cheddar cheese soup and wait til it boils.
Add potato flakes.
Add baked, chopped red potatoes (I leave the skins on) and some cheddar cheese.
Make sure it's warm through.
Serve it with fat free sour cream, turkey bacon, and a little more cheddar on top.
I made some Tastefully Simple beer bread with it.
If you look on allrecipes.com, you'd probably find a better recipe (if you're into measuring and all that nonsense)
Better yet, just come over some time and I'll make it for you:-)

No comments: