Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Wow.
So, I know I'm not a parent yet and have no room to tell anyone how to do their most important job, but really. I don't think it's parenting skills, but common sense.
Let me back up for a minute... This morning, I was in the cafeteria when a FIRST GRADER made a racist comment. First grade. Really? I wonder where he heard that...
Are we really living in a time/place that it's acceptable for people to think, let alone speak out loud in front of a child our views in which we judge others based solely on outward appearances? How insanely ignorant.

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

And did you correct the little darlin???? I certainly hope so.

Rachel B said...

you know I did.

Kendra's fan club said...

Unfortunately there is no application process for becoming a parent... but there is for being a teacher!!! You are the expert when it comes to kids =) I agree, it's sad that some parents teach, allow or encourage students to make remarks like that. I've called home on situations like that where the parents think it's okay and tell me the kids entitled to their opinion. Very sad!